Rally des Arts – July
An Artistic Road trip in Provence
The “Rally des Arts” runs from St Paul de Vence to Arles and back to Monaco.
5 days of road trip hopping from the finest and most private art venues, and collections to the most historical and vibrant cultural events by way of some of the most scenic roads, full of exquisite fragrances, lights and places, from modern architectural masterpiece, to Antique roman circus, enjoying some of the most famous tables around and tasting some of the most enchanting wines and specialties around . In other words, the BEST OF ART DE VIVRE
- 5 days and 4 nights
- 700 km in all
- 5 to 9 vintage luxury cars or iconic classic roadsters
- 3 top rated gourmet dining experiences
- 4 private collections of museum quality art and car collection
- 3 private visits in most typical local product artisanal factories ( olive oil, fragrance and lavender, grand cru classe winery )
- A spectacular surprise landmark each day
- Your portrait, an original work of art by a world class photographer
- Gala Dinner at the end in a Surprising Venue
Rencontres Photographique d’Arles
Over the past 2 decades, the Rencontres Photographiques d’Arles, became the world summer event for photography, turning this historical city dating from the Roman antiques into a showcase of the most established and most emerging talents , turning the almost 100 medieval chapels and convents around town into so many extraordinary exhibition spaces, invading the giant railways warehouses for most stunning displays of creative art, stretching giant poster photography over entire street corners and several story high buildings… Everyone who is somebody in the field of photography comes to Arles and the small ensconced village-like town turns into the most vibrant art scene… and there you will be CENTER STAGE in the middle of it all!
VAN GOGH’s presence all around
The little yellow house, Café by night, and so many street corners are so many reminders of Vincent’s life in the city of sunflowers and the infamous cut ear.
And now a major Van Gogh museum makes it a must see of our visit in Arles. Vincent’ s bedroom was located right behing the antique Roman circus still standing in the center of the village, We can still visit the rebuilt original bedroom at its original location and compare it to the painting in the nearby museum…
FRANK GHERY in Arles
After the Bilbao , and the Louis Vuitton Foundation, Frank Ghery, famous architect extraordinaire unveils his latest creation… in Arles : it recently opened too, so a must see for us.
- Day 1 - Saint Paul de Vence
- Les Beaux de Provence
- Adrien Maeght art and car collections – luncheon @ la Colombe d’Or / or visit & lunch @ wineyard (option 2) – Visit Bernar Venet Art & Bugatti @ Le Muy - Les Beaux de Provence ( Cocteau/ Picasso show – hotel and gourmet diner in the village ( 220 km )
- Day 2 - Les Beaux de Provence
- Olive oil factory in Maussane, Arles hotel du Forum – van Gogh day ( maison Jaune, Musee ) – photo portrait, diner at Café la Nuit – projection aux arenes d’Arles ( 80 km )
- Day 3 - Arles
- Arles guides tours and free time- visit of photo exhibitions – Foundation Frank Ghery
- Day 4 - Arles
- St Tropez
- diner and night at wine castle over the hills of Saint Tropez ( 150 km )
- Day 5 - St Tropez
- Visit sculpture garden Jean Gabriel Mitterrand – Lunch in the park – route de l’esterelle – Pierre Cardin’s Bubble Palace – return to Nice/ Monaco. Bentley Driver's Club and deJabs Private Concierge Hosting a closing gala dinner.